Updating Chat Software without a WiFi Connection
Determine the current version of software in your Chat device, choose Menu>Help>About.
Go to the Saltillo Support website on your computer, http://saltillo.com/support.
Choose the specific device you are working with
Go to the Download section and choose your language. Here you will find the available Software Updates.
Download the update that you need to take your device from its current version to the latest. This may take a number of downloads if the device you are working with has not recently been updated. Do Not Rename the file.
Copy the update file to your device>ChatPC>Update folder
- Remove any USB storage devices from your computer.
- Plug the Nova Chat device into a USB port on your computer using the provided cable.
- On your computer open Windows Explorer, select your device, select tablet or internal storage, open the "ChatPC" folder, and then open the “update” folder.
- Copy downloaded update file and paste it into the device’s update folder shown in Windows Explorer.
- Unplug the Chat device from your computer.
- If necessary, start the Nova Chat application on the device
- Once Nova Chat is started, tap on the Menu->Help->Check for updates. Tap on the Check Now button. The update may take several minutes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
- If an update asks to replace an application, tap OK then Install, otherwise, just tap Install.
Once the update is complete, restart your device If prompted with the message below, check the Use by default for this USB device box and choose OK Restart the Chat Fusion once againNote: You will want to update the Chat Editor as well