Join Our Company
At Saltillo Corporation, we believe that our greatest assets are the employees who help bring our innovative/quality products into the lives of consumers who need our technology to communicate and gain independence. We look to attract top performers to join our team to deliver the highest quality products and services. In return, Saltillo employees enjoy a supportive environment, opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to make a difference in somebody’s life.
If you're looking for a career opportunity that encourages creativity and rewards hard work, Saltillo Corporation could be just what you've been looking for.
Saltillo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, supporting a drug-free work environment.
Responsible for generating and completely documenting software for Saltillo’s communication products and support software. Writes code in a team environment which integrates with the code of other engineers on the project. The software must be designed to perform the function specified in the product definition and needs to be tested to meet ease-of-use as well as functionality for customer satisfaction and ISO documentation. A comprehensive knowledge of Java, SQL or SQL Lite, Android operating system and development tools is preferred for this position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Development and Marketing Team to obtain product definitions for new products. Supplies technical feedback to evaluate the feasibility of the product definitions. Helps assure that the product definitions include complete descriptions necessary for product design.
- Convert ideas and concepts for new products into functional products by writing software for systems on dedicated hardware or on personal computer platforms.
- Write software which easily integrates with software written by other engineers on the project. The software must be written such that it takes advantage of modules written by other engineers. This also requires that modules must be written and documented so that other engineers can easily use them. Code must be clear, portable and modular.
- Write, debug, document and maintain code with operational notations, flowcharts, testing procedures, and testing and other applicable documentation.
- Takes responsibility for software design. This includes structuring the program, defining modules, writing and testing the code, and documenting the software.
- Work closely with hardware engineers and provide input to help optimize the overall product design.
- Write software which can be used to test and troubleshoot microprocessor related hardware in the development or production of the hardware.
- Makes modifications and enhancements to existing PRC products by modifying code written by him/herself or other engineers.
- Thoroughly test each feature and/or module during development via emulation, on a target system or with appropriate development tools. Software needs to be tested with beta testers and/or others outside the department to verify the code is bug-free, to verify functionality and to verify ease-of-use.
- Document and maintain software in accordance with R&D policies and such that it can be understood and altered by any competent engineer. Maintain documentation, versions and revisions of software as needed to meet ISO requirements.
- Assist in training other staff when required. Act as a technical resource for other engineers and service staff.
- Provide the necessary technical information defining the operation and function of the design to the Hardware/Software Test Engineer, allowing the development of test procedures.
- Provide operational information to the operator manual writer in a timely manner. Also, make sure that the operation instructions are accurate and complete.
- Release completed designs to production through standard R&D procedures.
- Review software strategy with Engineering Management and other senior engineers to assure that the final products:
- are safe for the end user.
- follow good engineering practices (software must be able to be maintained and modified if necessary.)
- perform the functions described in the product definition.
- meet current consumption requirement.
- Attend department and applicable specific product meetings to obtain and communicate relevant information.
- Strives to expand knowledge of recent developments and directions in the microprocessor and software field, as well as the aspects of the AAC field in general, particularly how these issues affect the end-users of the products being designed.
- Provide technical assistance to the service and manufacturing departments as required.
- Develop support tools necessary to simplify the service support, international development/translations and icon maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Frequent contact with Product Managers and other engineering staff. Requires resourcefulness, tact, negotiating/problem solving abilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in computer science equivalent education and experience.
- Four years experience in writing object oriented code for PC applications and/or embedded systems.
- Specific experience with SQL databases
- Specific experience writing Java code
- Specific experience in programming for Android platforms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to work well with a team.
- Must have sound decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have enthusiasm for engineering in the field PRC serves.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary Work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Send resume including salary requirements to email@example.com. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer