P R C Logo
Saltillo Logo
Realize Language Logo
Explore A A C Logo
A A C Language Lab Logo
A A C And Autism Logo
ALP for A A C Logo
Touch Chat App Logo
LAMP Words for Life Logo
A A C Funding
AAC Teletips
Login Create New Account

PRC-Saltillo response to COVID-19: prc-saltillo.com/covid-19

We have updated our privacy policy   

Speech-language pathologists (SLP) can be found working in many places, including schools, hospitals, and independent clinics. When selecting a SLP to evaluate a child or an adult for an augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) device, it is important to choose an individual who is knowledgeable in AAC. For information to assist with selecting a SLP, visit http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/InfoAACUsers.htm#ask_slp

Additional resources to locate a speech-language pathologist.

The American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) maintains a list of certified speech-language pathologists, some of whom have interest and experience in AAC. Search the ASHA directory to find a speech-language pathologist in your area. http://www.asha.org/findpro/

The AAC Institute maintains a list of speech-language pathologists who have completed courses in AAC. Search their directory to find a speech-language pathologist in your area that has knowledge of AAC.http://aacinstitute.thaleus.net:8070/self-study/directory.php