The following items may be causing speech problems:
- Tap on Edit and make sure Speech Off is unchecked.
- Make sure the volume dial on the right side of the unit is turned up all the way(in the direction of the power button).
- Tap on Edit->General Settings and tap on the Voice tab. Review the voice settings to ensure they are correct, and be sure the volume is towards the loud setting.
- Click on View->Screen->PocketPC. Then click on the speaker symbol in the blue bar at the top and make sure it is on and the slider is all the way to the top.
- Perform a soft reset using by using the stylus and pressing and releasing the recessed reset button on the right side of the unit.
- If there still is no sound perform a hard reset.