Important! With the release of NOVA chat 2.0, we replaced NOVA chat Editor with Chat Editor. If you have used NOVA chat Editor in the past, it will no longer work with 2.0 files or newer.
This process installs Chat Editor on your computer and creates desktop shortcuts to the “Chat Editor” application and the “Chat Editor Import” folder.
1. Insert the Chat Editor CD in your computer’s disc drive or download Chat Editor.
2. You should see a Chat Editor Installer screen (this may take a few moments). If you do not see the Installer screen, navigate to your CD through Windows Explorer and choose setup.exe. If you are installing from a download, double click on the setup.exe.
3. The CD Installer screen provides a choice of three applications to load.
4. Choose Install/Update Chat Editor.
5. If you want Chat Editor to be able to use synthetic speech and you have a compatible sound card (you probably do), choose Microsoft Voices for SAPI 5.1.
Note: Microsoft Voices provides a voice for Chat Editor to use. If you already have a desktop application on your computer from a ChatPC, you will not need to install Microsoft Voices again.
6. To be able to transfer files to the device, choose Install Device Driver.
7. Choose Install.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. When the installation process is complete, remove the CD from the drive. The CD is not needed to run the Editor.