Transferring vocabulary files to and from a Flash Drive became an option with Chat Software 2.15.
You will need a flash drive with the appropriate connector that matches your devices connector. The USB flash drive provided by Saltillo has a USB connector on one end that plugs into your device and a USB 3.0 connector on the other end that plugs into a computer.
- Connect the USB drive to the USB port on your device.
Note: If the device’s file manager opens, use the device’s Back arrow to close it.
- On the device, select Menu>Library>Menu>Import/Export
Note: A different file management screen may open. Depending on your device, select or navigate to the USB drive, choose the folder you want, and choose Select or OK
A window will list the customized files under Device on the left. Any files already on the USB drive are listed under Backup Folder on the right.
To transfer files from your device to the USB drive:
- Select each file on the device that you want to copy to the USB drive.
- Select To Backup, which is now highlighted. The files will be copied to the USB drive. When the files finish copying, they will be listed under Backup Folder.
To transfer files from the USB drive to your device:
- Select each file on the USB drive that you want to copy to the device.
- Select To Device, which is now highlighted. The file(s) will be copied to the device. When the files finish copying, they will be listed under Device.
Note: if you support two NovaChat Devices that do not have the same USB connector and you need to copy a file from one device to the other, you will need to plug the USB drive that contains the vocabulary file into a computer, copy the vocabulary file to the computer, plug the other USB drive into the computer and copy the vocabulary file to it.
When you finish transferring files, disconnect the USB drive from your device and store it in a safe location and/or copy the files from the USB drive to a computer for safe keeping.