Check the following items to get DesktopChat SE to speak;
- The Microsoft SAPI voices needs to be installed off of the install CD. If they weren’t then install the voices.
- Make sure the system volume on your computer is turned up and not muted at all.
- Click on Edit and make sure Speech Off is unchecked.
- Click on Edit->General Settings and then click on the Microsoft SAPI tab. Make sure the volume slider is set to Loud and the Pitch is set midway.
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7 installations, the only voice that will speak is Microsoft Anna so select it for the voice.
- Do not select LH Michael or LH Michelle for a voice because DesktopChat SE will crash after a few clicks.