There could be several reasons why a file isn’t importing in or doesn’t show up in DesktopChat SE after a transfer.
- Make sure the software versions coincide. Click on Help->About in DesktopChat SE and tap on Help->About on the device. They should both be V2.x.x.
- Look in the bottom right corner of your computer screen and see if there is a small square with 3 green arrows in it that form a circle(this indicates that the synchronizer is running – it is supposed to start when DesktopChat SE is started). If it isn’t there, click on Start->Programs->Saltillo->ChatPC3 Sync and start it manually and see if the file imports in.
- If you are using a San Disk Cruzer or Verbatim brand of USB drive, those brands of drives interfere with the transfer process and should not be used. Acceptable brands include Crucial, PNY, Sony, HP, and Kingston.
- There needs to be an Import folder and an Export folder on the USB drive. If you are using one of the approved store bought brands but haven’t created an Import or Export folder on the drive, plug the USB drive into the computer and create an Import and Export folder and then try importing the file in again.
- It may be that the library has errors in it preventing the file from importing in. Do a library check in DesktopChat SE. Click on Edit->Advanced Settings and click on the Library tab. Then click on Check to check the library for errors. Click on OK to allow it to proceed. If it finds any errors click on Cleanup and click in the box and type in yes. Click on Cleanup. Once the cleanup is finished, click on OK. Click on OK again. Export the file from the Alt-Chat and then try importing the file and see if it imports in correctly.
- It may be that the file has errors in it. Do a library check by tapping on Edit->Advanced Settings and tap on the Library tab. Then tap on Check to check the library for errors. Tap on OK to allow it to proceed. If it finds any errors tap on Cleanup and tap in the box and type in yes. Tap on Cleanup. Once the cleanup is finished, tap on OK. Tap on OK again. Now export the file and then plug the USB drive into the computer and see if it imports correctly.