Check the following items that might prevent Word Prediction from working;
- Click Edit->Advanced Settings and see if Word Prediction is enabled(if the box is grayed out it may be that the device does not have word prediction - check with the Saltillo Corporation - 877-397-0178).. If not check mark the box to enable Static Word Prediction. Click on OK and see if it is working.
- Click File->Language. See if English is checkmarked. If not, checkmark it. Now try Word Prediction and see if it is working.
- Clear the Speech Display Bar and then type in a letter and see if Word Prediction is working.
- Double check that the registration code is typed in correctly.
- On the Alt-Chat itself it may be that the cpcsettings file is corrupt and needs to be deleted.
- Tap on File->Exit(if it is a dedicated device, call Saltillo Corporation(877-397-0178) and get a registration code that allows you to exit the software).
- Double tap My Computer.
- Double tap on the Storage Card folder.
- Double tap the 2577 folder.
- Look for the cpcsettings file. Tap on it once.
- Tap on File->Delete. Answer yes if it asks if you want to delete the file.
- Now do a soft reset on the unit to allow it to restart;
To perform a soft reset:
- Turn the device On, if it isn’t already
- Unbend a paper clip and poke it into the reset button located on the back of the device and then release it.
You will then see the system step through a variety of screens. No activations should be necessary during this process. It will take some time but the ALT-Chat software will re-load on its own.