Learning happens best when we’re engaged and AAC learning is no exception! During this fast-paced resource sharing session, we will explore many fun, reusable, and easy to implement activity ideas. Activity ideas will be varied and will include free and easily accessible materials, toys and novelties, books, videos, and apps (iOS and Android).
Participants will be able to:
- Name and describe at least 2 newly-learned activities to use right away with an AAC learner
- Describe 2 activity resources that use music to teach core vocabulary
- Name at least 3 examples of simple toys that move (or can be moved) and how they can be used to work on a language skill
- Share how a barrier or box activity can increase the “fun quotient” of any activity
- Name an app or app category shared in the webinar and explain how it can be used to increase engagement by appealing to student/client interests