It’s time to update your NovaChat® device so you can enjoy new vocabulary features. Start by connecting to WiFi. Then go to Menu > Help > Check for Updates and follow the prompts.
WordPower® Vocabulary Updates
WordPower 42 Basic
- The word “had” has been added to pronoun phrases so you can now say “he had lunch” or “she had fun”
- “Had” has also been added as a logical next word on the drinks and food pages
- Continuing with our food theme, “for” has been added on the meals and snacks pages to be combined with “breakfast,” “lunch,” or “dinner”
WordPower 60 Basic
- The word “had” has been added to pronoun phrases on category pages
- On the food and drink pages:
- The verb “taste” moved to make room for the added word “had”
- “It” and “that” are now followed by the verb “tastes”
- The word “for” was added to be combined with “breakfast,” “lunch,” or “dinner”
- “Has” has been added as a logical next word following it/he/she on category pages
- A button for “-’m” has been added to the main page following the “I” pronoun to create the frequently used contraction “I’m”
WordPower 60 & 120 Français
- Look for updates to the “ma journee” pages
Note: These vocabulary updates are also available on Chat Editor 2.42 so you can create low-tech activities that mirror your device.
Looking for fun and interactive ways to practice vocabulary with your NovaChat device? Check out the AAC Language Lab today. You’ll find real-life solutions in support of language development. Resources include parent guides, sample lesson plans, manual communication boards, and much, much more.
Do you have an especially energetic communicator? NovaChat devices now come with our new High Five Warranty with five years of coverage. If you are looking for even more coverage for those unexpected situations, explore the benefits of the Peace of Mind Add-On Warranty. Find all the details on the PRC-Saltillo eStore.